Batch Beta
Please Login to get full access and to disable ads.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Batch Beta
Please Login to get full access and to disable ads.
Batch Beta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks to awestom for removing those ads!

Staff Selections are closed! Thanks for participating!
Welcome to the new admins and mods!
About the ads, yeah. We reached our 250'th post and the ads kicked on. In order to disable them I need to purchase a ad removal feature. Now, I don't have credits and in order to get one I need donations. Thanks

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Batch Crypting Possible?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is Batch Crypting Possible? Empty Is Batch Crypting Possible? Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:48 pm

-xPloit

-xPloit
Moderators
Moderators

Totally open to discussion. I have yet to see one. I also have yet to even see a snippet or an idea that hints to it being possible. Due to the limited features of batch, I dont believe that it is possible to make a crypter using batch.

Wiki for anyone who feels like reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography

Basically, cryptography works by taking the text and translating it based on a key. Then, the only way to translate it back, is to use the same key and reverse the algorithm.

For example, my key is 1232 and we'll do a simple ROT-X based on my key, using this ASCII table (http://www.asciitable.com/) (my cryptolography knowledge is rather limited, I only understand the simple basics, so if I am wrong in something, please say so)

We'll encrypt the text "Hello world" (creative, I know)

ROT is short for rotation, which means that each character in my string has a value (which can be found using an ASCII table). We then add a number to that value, then find the new char from the table. This becomes the encrypted character.

Take H for starters. My key starts at 1 so we will ROT-1 H. H has a value on the table of 72. 72 + 1 = 73. Find 73 on the table...I. Our encrypted string is now "Iello world"

Next is e and 2, then l and 3, then l and 2, then o and 1, etc, etc. The encrypted string is "Igonp yrtmf" or something like that. Trying to decrypt that text without knowing the key would be "impossible" (not impossible, but difficult).

So, the two things that are needed to encrypt something are a key and an algorithm. This is an extremely basic string encryption (string encryption is the easier of all encryption types) and I challenge anybody to create a strong algorithm in batch. I've seen a few decent ones, but they're easy to crack, which makes the crypting useless.

The other factor to take into account is that, when cryping your file, it needs to be able to run independently. Which further means that the key and algorithm cannot crypt themselves, otherwise they would change to a different (encrypted) key/algorithm and result is massively different decrypted data.

I hope this makes sense and I'm ready for discussion!

2Is Batch Crypting Possible? Empty Re: Is Batch Crypting Possible? Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:51 am

Defy

Defy
Admin
Admin

Well, i'm pretty sure you can conceal the codes using NUL Encryption.

https://batchb.forumotion.com

3Is Batch Crypting Possible? Empty Re: Is Batch Crypting Possible? Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:31 am

-xPloit

-xPloit
Moderators
Moderators

is it possible to code nul encryption in batch?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum